Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go if I am having an issue with a Georgetown Faculty member?
Where do I go if I am having an issue with a Georgetown Staff member?
Where do I go if I am having an issue with a Georgetown Student?
University Bias-Report System
Georgetown University Compliance and Ethics
University Human Resource
Student Conduct Office
Residential Living, if you live on campus.
Counseling and Psychiatric Services
Where do I go if I don’t feel safe?
In the event of an emergency, dial 911
Georgetown University Police Department, On campus, contact GUPD at 202-687-4343
Georgetown University Health Center, Tel: 202-687-2200
Counseling and Psychiatric Services
Where is OSEI located?
The Office of Student Equity and Inclusion (OSEI) is located on the 5th floor of the Thomas & Dorothy Leavey Center on Georgetown University’s Main Campus (also referred to as the Hilltop Campus). Address: 3700 O Street N.W. Washington, DC 20057
How do I schedule an appointment with Dr. Johnson or the staff of OSEI?
To schedule an appointment with the AVP, Adanna Johnson, please submit a consultation request form here. Or contact Program Coordinator, Venus Davis at email@example.com. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get in contact with OSEI?
To get in touch with OSEI’s office, please email us at : email@example.com or call us at 202-687-4103.
What Department is OSEI housed under?
OSEI is housed under Student Affairs and the Provost’s Office.
What is OSEI’s mission/purpose?
The Office of Student Equity and Inclusion (OSEI) serves as a principal leader, resource, and support in providing student development, sponsoring programs and events, and engaging in collaboration related to student diversity, equity, and inclusion at Georgetown University. OSEI helps lead equity and inclusion efforts across the Hilltop campus through: Integration, Collaboration and Consultation.
Why was OSEI established?
OSEI was established in 2019 to increase collaboration and resource sharing for first-generation students and students of color. The Office oversees the Center for Multicultural Equity and Access (CMEA), Community Scholars Program (CSP), and the Georgetown Scholars Program (GSP).
Who does OSEI partner with?
OSEI typically partners with other Georgetown affiliated offices whose focus is on diversity, equity and inclusion. We also partner with external academic institutions and organizations whose goals and purpose align with our own.
How can I partner with OSEI for an event?
What services does OSEI provide?
Events and Programming
Who are the staff members of OSEI?
Click here to learn more about OSEI’s current team members.
Dr. Adanna J. Johnson, Associate Vice President
Venus Davis, Program Coordinator
Maya A. Williams, Program Manager
vacant position, Graduate Assistant
How can I get involved with OSEI’s work?
If you want to get involved with OSEI’s work, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interested in joining one of OSEI’s councils? Click here for more information.
Interested in volunteering to work with CSP, GSP, CMEA? Please contact the following individuals:
CMEA: Charlene Brown-Mckenzie, email@example.com
CSP: Devita Bishundat, firstname.lastname@example.org
GSP: Melissa “Missy” Foy, email@example.com
How can I incorporate Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) into my workplace?
Start by emailing our office at firstname.lastname@example.org! Let us know what specific items you wish to discuss and we will set up a consultation appointment. Or, follow this link to fill out a consultation request form. OSEI will soon publish an online resource toolkit where others can pull information to help them to incorporate DEI initiatives into their office(s).
What are the major difference in services provided by IDEAA and OSEI?
- IDEAA’s portfolio encompasses a broad and deep set of responsibilities that touches every aspect of campus life and operations as captured in the following areas:
- Provides service to all campus employees, students and campus affiliates including our campus in Doha, Qatar…
- Responsible for administering the institutional framework under which Diversity Equity & inclusion (DEI), Affirmative Action, Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity in Education and Equal Opportunity in Employment as well as Title IX obligations are implemented on campus.
- Coordinates recruitment and hiring procedures for faculty and academic positions.
- Manages changes in programs, policy and process as it relates to DEI work through university-wide strategic planning.
- Administers and collaborates with campus partners on the Cultural Climate Survey for all Georgetown students. The survey instrument is designed to measure the degree to which students experience a sense of belonging at Georgetown.
- Coordinate recruitment and retention of faculty, staff and students.
- Strengthens linkage between campus and community
- Coordinate recruitment and retention of faculty and staff.
- Strengthens linkages between campus and the community.
- Conducts campus climate assessments of academic and administrative units and makes recommendations to enhance departmental inclusion and equity efforts.
- Ensures that Georgetown is in compliance with applicable federal and District of Columbia laws and regulations as it relates to affirmative action, non-discrimination and equal opportunity.
- Participates in working groups created to advance DEI matters in academic and employment spheres.
- Consults with and provides resources and guidance to employees,managers and students on matters related to discrimination and harassment.
- Assesses accommodation requests from employees seeking accommodations based upon disability, religion, or pregnancy.
- Conducts investigations of unlawful allegations of discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct by members of the university community.
- Oversees the Bias Reporting System where students, staff, faculty, campus affiliates and visitors can report incidents of bias.
- Provides educational programming to departments, students and employee organizations designed to raise awareness about affirmative action, equal opportunity, harassment, implicit bias, Title IX and related matters.
- Provides guidelines and assesses accommodation requests for service assistance animals.
- Coordinates supplier diversity programs in contracting opportunities to ensure the participation of minority persons and women.
- Provides services generally to undergraduate students; servicing first-generation, low-income and underrepresented student populations.
- Umbrella office for CMEA, CSP, GSP: Leverages and balance(s) resources and support for its three programs: CMEA, CSP and GSP.
- Consults with staff, faculty, students, campus administrators and Georgetown affiliates on topics related to diversity, equity and inclusion .
- Consults with Council on Student Equity and Inclusion Subcommittees: Equity Review, Faculty & Staff Development, Here & Now, Strategic Planning.
- Hosts events and programming related to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Partners with other Georgetown units and external organizations to collaborate on DEI related affairs.